The Brannen family name has been synonymous with property on the coast since the early 1900’s. Although Brannen & Partners in its current form has been in existence for over 20 years, we are a family with an even longer history in the local property market. It is this history and ongoing family reputation which has had a major influence on how our business has grown and developed over the years.
Older generations of the Brannen family, including the father of company founder Terry, were prolific homebuilders throughout the early half of the 20th century. Several members of the family built a range of terraced, semi-detached and detached properties in locations throughout the coast. Indeed, there still remains a street in North Shields named ‘Brannen Street’, acting as a reminder of the way in which the Brannen family helped shaped the coast brick by brick.
We are currently undergoing a major research project to delve into history and paint a more detailed picture of just where, and how many Brannen homes were built by the family. With the assistance of private researchers and the wider public, we hope to create a detailed map of the level of construction that took place, gaining a better understanding of the impact previous generations of the family had on property in the area. Though the family business is now focused on selling rather than constructing properties, our family remains intrinsically linked with the bricks and mortar of the North Tyneside coastline.
If you have any information on Brannen built houses, please email email@example.com.
We have been advised there are Brannen built houses on the following streets;
- Monkseaton Drive, Whitley Bay
- Newlands Avenue, Whitley Bay
- Frankland Drive, Whitley Bay
- Mount Close, Whitley Bay
- Burnt House Road, Whitley Bay
- Grasmere Crescent, Whitley Bay
- Seatonville Road, Monkseaton
- Brannen Street, North Shields
- Etal Court, North Shields
- Hartington Road, North Shields
- Farringdon Road, North Shields
- Mariners Lane, North Shields
- Kensington Grove, North Shields
- Lindisfarne Terrace, North Shields
- Linskill Terrace, North Shields
- Hawkeys Lane, North Shields
- The Broadway, Cullercoats
- Keswick Drive, Cullercoats
- Sunlea Avenue, Cullercoats
- Silloth Place, Cullercoats
- Cross House, Lawe Road, South Shields
- Burnside and Coltere Avenue, East Boldon