Brannen & Partners are the leading Lettings and Property Management Agent at the Coast. With our first class service and business built over the past 20 years we are the first point of call for hundreds of landlords and tenants when it comes to letting. Being a family run business dedicated towards customer service we have built our reputation on trust, repeat business and recommendation – something we pride ourselves on.
We have a dedicated lettings team supported by the repairs, accounts, inventory and administration departments.
We are members of ARLA (The Association of Residential Letting Agents), RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), The Property Ombudsman redress scheme, TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme) and have CMP (Client Money Protection).
All negotiations and payments are subject to contract. Terms of Business apply.
Before Moving In
Before your application can be considered, you will need to pay to us a holding deposit equivalent to one weeks’ rent for the property you are interested in. Once we have your holding deposit, current legislation stipulates that the necessary paperwork should be completed within 15 days or such longer period as previously agreed.
The holding deposit is the equivalent of one weeks rent. This is calculated by one months rent x 12 /52. For example a property with a monthly rent of £500 – £500 x 12 / 52 = holding deposit of £115.38.
If the landlord gives permission to allow a pet to be kept at the property there will be an additional £20 added to the monthly rental amount per pet.
On Day Of ‘Move In’
The first month’s rent and security deposit will be paid.
The security deposit covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
The security tenancy deposit will be the equivalent of five weeks rent: calculated by one months rent x 12 / 52 x 5. For example a monthly rent of £500 x 12 = 6000 / 52 = 115.38 x 5 = security deposit £576.92.
All negotiations are subject to contract.
- Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or any other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant.
- Any variation to the Assured Shorthold Tenancy will be £50 (including VAT) per variation. This includes permission to decorate within the property, permission to keep a domestic animal at the property, permission to run a business from the property. Please note this list is inclusive not exhaustive.
- There is a £50 (including VAT) charge for any change of sharer during the tenancy period.
- The tenant shall pay to the landlord interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time on any rent or other money payable under this Agreement remaining unpaid for more than 14 days after the day on which it became due.
- Should you wish to leave your contract early, you shall be liable for the landlords costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
The redress scheme we belong to is The Property Ombudsman.
We are a ‘Safe Agent’ and have client money protection (CMP).
We are members of ARLA (The Association of Residential Letting Agents) & RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
We are members of the TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme).
Our Standard Landlord Fees Are As Follows:
Letting Only – 60% of the first month’s rent inc VAT (subject to a minimum of £358.80 inc VAT) to find a tenant and undertake the necessary marketing.
Fully Managed – 60% of the first month’s rent inc VAT (subject to a minimum of £358.80 inc VAT) to find a tenant and 12% inc VAT of the monthly rent.
Please see our FAQs below for further details on what is included within each service.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) regulate and promote the profession, maintain the highest educational and professional standards, protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics and provide impartial advice and guidance.
The Property Ombudsman (TPO) is a UK government-approved organisation which aims to provide better consumer protection for home buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, by providing independent conflict resolution and raising standards of service in the residential property industry.
Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) members agree to comply with the professional standards outlined within the NFoPP Conduct and Membership Rules, demonstrating their dedication and commitment to higher standards within residential lettings.
Letting agents displaying the SAFEagent logo are part of a Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme which ensures that they are protecting their clients monies.
The Brannen Lettings Team
Find out more
Call 0191 2517878
So whether you are a first time landlord, an investor with a portfolio of properties or if you are looking to rent a property, speak to our Lettings Specialists.